"...and though she be but little she is fierce."
Gmail me at ccr002
Find me on Twitter at cloudyarecinos
1. It’s been so long since I take care of my eyebrows. They’re like two caterpillars at this point. One day I’m going to wake up and find twin cocoons on my forehead. But not the good kind that help the old people feel young again and like to hang out in swimming pools. My eyebrows are going to turn into butterflies and fly away.
2. I dropped kiddo off for his very first day at school today. No tears. From any of the parties involved.
3. Kiddo’s school is awesome. They’re learning all about farm stuff this month. They’re MAKING BUTTER. They’re making graphs. They’re singing moo cow songs.
5. For real though, it’s Friday.
Me: Do you want to go get lunch?
Me: Do you want to go look at fish?
Me: Do you want to go see books?
Me: Okay where do you want to go?
B: Wanta go to Tahget.
Me: *wipes tear*
B: More pizza.
Me: There’s no more you ate it all.
B: I wanna a more pizza.
Me: You ate it all, babe.
B: I wanna more.
Me: Listen, you ate all the pizza. There is no more pizza. Zero pizza. It’s all gone.
B: More pizza.
I’ve been carrying myself like an apology lately, self-effacing and shy.
It exhausts me.
I’m dying to throw on a miniskirt. I’m dying to feel beautiful. I want to look people dead in the eye without feeling like I’m lessening them by doing so.
Got all psyched and set for kiddo’s first day only to get a message that school was canceled because the teacher slipped on ice while walking her dog and injured her leg.
Mark it. Go ahead, mark it. This is the moment I join in with everyone else who’s griping about winter.
The kiddo starts school tomorrow. I have no idea how I have enough room in my five foot frame for both crushing sorrow and ecstatic hand-clapping joy.
I’m dropping him off and then working for two hours and then picking him up again. But those two hours, man. Those two hours!!
Even if I do have to spend them writing an article about ultrasonic cleaners while wiping away sad and happy tears.
1. How?? How can I possibly be sick AGAIN?! Godmothersonuva!!!
2. For a while we coasted. Hit some open houses. Browsed realtor.com. Hemmed. Hawed. Now? We have a pre-approval letter and a real estate agent. It’s on!
3. Ken took little man out to dinner so I could stay in bed and moan and sniffle and take my temperature every half hour.
4. Right now my temperature is 98.7.
5. I read 4 books this week so, yeah, I feel perfectly justified doing a “Gossip Girl” marathon right now. (“You know you love me. Ex oh ex oh.”)
Mom: I read this heartbreaking story about this couple who’d been married for 10 years and one day he comes home and tells her he doesn’t love her anymore and wants a divorce.
Me: Well. Fuck him, then. Who needs him?